Saturday, August 16, 2008

arty day...sigh...


The sun was shining, the birds were singing, what better way to spend the day than squirreled away in a few galleries? Its been so long since I went to any type of exhibition, and I was pining for some art!!


I started off the day with a trip to the Bell Roberts gallery in Woodstock (http://bell-roberts.com/?exhibition=175) to see Print '08, an exhibition of the everchanging art of print making. I have to say, although I can be quite a critic, that on the whole, the work was very impressive. It was gentle, subtle and mature. I am really big on art that experiments with paper, and was blown away by the work of Lyndi Sales(http://www.lyndisales.com/ ) I posted one of her pieces above.


I always hope when I visit an exhibition that I will leave feeling different, better, or at least, more the same. the art yesterday made me feel a certain tenderness towards the world. I like that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home